I’m proud to announce the Medellín Guide App is now available on iTunes!
For more than a year now, I’ve been secretly working with a developer on an application to bring together the best information from Medellín Living into a mobile app for iPhone users.
The Medellín Guide is a high-quality, custom-built app that features:
- 180+ listings, including the city’s best restaurants, cafés, nightlife, attractions, parks, malls, housing and tourism services.
- High-resolution photos to help you choose where to go.
- A “Nearby” map which allows you to see places relative to your location.
- Ability to save your favorite places, and safely store them via iCloud.
- Ability to share places via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, email and text message.
- A built-in web browser, allowing you to read longer descriptions on Medellín Living without having to leave the app.
- Available offline. Once the app is downloaded, there’s no need for an internet connection.
What you see today in Version 1.0 is only the beginning. We’ll continue to add more listings and new features to make the Medellín Guide the best mobile city guide in the world.
Why an iPhone App?
As I mentioned in the initial announcement last week, a third of Medellín Living’s readers access the site via smartphone, and of those, the vast majority use an iPhone.
While this site is mobile-friendly thanks to a responsive design, the layout and content is geared more toward computer users. I wanted to create a custom experience for iPhone users so they can more easily access our recommendations while they’re out exploring the city.
We would eventually like to create an Android version too, but in the near term, our focus will continue to be on refining and improving the app for iPhone.
How to Get It
The Medellín Guide is completely free and available for immediate download in the App Store.
One last thing. We’ve put in countless hours to make this app a reality, and we’re happy to give it away for free as a service to readers. All we ask in return is that if you enjoy using the Medellín Guide, please take a minute to rate and review it on the App Store.
PS – To celebrate the launch of Medellín Guide, we’re giving away a $100 Amazon gift certificate.
Enter the contest here and help us spread the news about our app for a chance to win! Offer ends 11 p.m., EST, Tuesday, December 23, 2014.
PPS – If you’re in Medellín, we’re also hosting a party at Humo from 7-9 p.m., Tuesday, December 16, 2014 to celebrate. The first 35 people will receive two free drink tickets good for 3 Cordilleras beers and there will be hors d’oeuvres too. RSVP on Facebook