On November 29, 2007, I left Virginia for a dream trip around the world.
After visiting 20 countries on five continents over 14 months, I found myself enamored with Medellín, Colombia in early 2009. So much so that I canceled my flight out of the city.
I began this blog to chronicle my experiences living in Medellín and traveling around Antioquia and Colombia. The publication has since expanded to include a team of writers.
In February 2013, I released the first edition of my all-original Medellín Travel Guide: Insider Advice from an American Expat in Colombia.
And in December 2014, I and a partner released the first version of our custom-built Medellín Guide iPhone app (download for free on iTunes).
Current Contributors: Alan (Managing Editor), Shelly
Previous Contributors: Ryan H (Managing Editor, 2012-2015), Nick, Leah, Ioana, Melissa, Andrew, Lisa, Ryan S, Jennifer, Jessica, Ana, Melody, Kristin, Holly, Ximena, Jeff (Managing Editor)
I hope the site will continue to serve as a useful resource for travelers curious about visiting this beautiful, vibrant, friendly, and increasingly safe country.
- How Born Introverts Can Build Empires Too – Wandering Trader (Podcast)
- David: Medellín Living – InterNations
- Your Guide to Life in Medellín – The Daily Travel Podcast
- Living the Good Life in Medellín, Colombia – The Traveling Dan (Podcast)
- How Much Does it Cost to Live in Colombia – Cheapest Destinations Blog
- Exploring Colombia with David Lee – ThinkPlaces
- Travel to Medellín, Colombia – Amateur Traveler (Podcast)
- Is the Best Medellín Travel Guide by a Blogger – WeHostels
- 16 Tips for Medellín, Colombia – yTravelBlog
- Medellín Living – Nomadic Samuel
- Living It Up in Medellín – TripAtlas
Freelance Work and Guest Contributions
- Expat living in Medellin for over 3 years (variety of articles) – Marcello Arrambide WanderingTrader
- Discovering the Local Food in Santa Elena – Paso Bueno Guia Turistica Santa Elena
- 48 Hours in…Medellín – G Adventures Looptail Blog
- Various articles in 2012 – Colombia’s Official Blogger program
- The Three Prettiest Pueblos in Colombia – Landlopers
- Medellín – AskMen.com
- Medellín’s Back in the Mix – Condé Nast Traveller
- Best Trips 2015 – National Geographic Traveler
- Pablo Escobar’s Hippos: A Growing Problem – BBC
- Learn Salsa Dancing in Colombia – Travelocity
- House Hunting in…Colombia – New York Times
This blog displays ads and carries some affiliate links. If a writer receive a service for free, or at a discount in exchange for coverage, we will show it at the bottom of the post or page. Read our full editorial policy.